Indigo Bay is located on Bazaruto Island, in the Bazaruto Archipelago +/- 750km north of the capital Maputo near the town of Vilanculos, Mozambique. Bazaruto Archipelago comprises a group of small islands situated approximately 25km off the coast of Mozambique. Bazaruto island is the largest (approximately 37km long and up to 7km wide) and northern-most of the five islands. Indigo Bay is situated on the western side of the Island.
Indigo Bay is the archetypical tropical island paradise surrounded by palm trees , white sands and the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
Accommodation at Indigo Bay
Total of 30 Beach chalets plus 14 Bayview villas
- 29 Beach Chalets complete with en-suite bathroom (separate indoor shower and recessed sea-facing oval bath), an outdoor shower, 18 x king size extra length chalets, 11 x twin chalets, dressing room area, verandah, open plan living area, mosquito screens, central air-conditioning with adjustable temperature setting in main room and bathroom, mini bar, satellite TV, electronic safe, international plugs, hairdryer and a tea/coffee station.
- 1 Beachfront Honeymoon Chalet only 20m from the beach and secluded from the rest of the chalets, complete with en-suite bathroom, mosquito screens, mini bar, full satellite TV, DVD player and a tea / coffee station and dressing room area, plus a lounge area and splash pool.
- 12 Luxury Bay View Villas, each with two bedrooms (king and twin), feature an outdoor dining area, separate lounge, outdoor shower, private plunge pool, separate air-conditioning in every room, mini bar, satellite TV, mosquito screens and a tea/coffee station. They are spacious and modern in design, and are perfect for a romantic getaway or a family break.
- 1 Executive Suite (Matemo Suite) with queen-size bed, en-suite bathroom, lounge, verandah and private plunge pool.
- 1 Presidential Villa with all the interior luxuries of a 5-star suite. In addition to the normal facilities it also has a spa bath and swimming pool, 1 King bedroom and 1 twin bedroom, 2 bathrooms both with separate bath & shower, lounge, guest toilet & bar, PVR and full satellite TV.
Activities at Indigo Bay
- Sport Fishing (many varieties of game fish, black marlin and sailfish)
- Snorkelling & Scuba Diving – PADI accredited Dive Instructor (featuring a variety of sites around the Bazaruto Archipelago)
- Water skiing/Knee and Wake boarding
- Complimentary non-motorised water sports including kayaks, wind surfers and a hobiecat
- Sunset cruises, excursions to Paradise Island and romantic, traditional Dhow excursions
- Whale & Dolphin Watching (seasonal August – November)
- Horse riding
- Cultural drives
- Dune-boarding on the sand dunes
- Bird watching
- 2 Tennis courts
- Qolf course – An innovation in recreational golf suitable for all ages and family entertainmentChildren’s facilities at Indigo Bay
Facilities and services at Indigo Bay
- Dining venues specialising in seafood and local cuisine
- Air-conditioned conference facilities to accommodate up to 60 delegates
- Private beach dinners for couples celebrating special occasions
- Salt-water Swimming Pool and Wet Pool Bar: ‘The Tartaruga’
- Activities Centre, for diving/fishing etc. bookings/equipment
- Children’s Leisure Centre (‘Indi Kidz Club’)
- Boutique/Curio Shop
- A Fitness Centre offering advanced gym equipment (2 bikes, 2 treadmills, 1 stepper, 1 walker, circuit equipment, free weights)
- A Wellness Spa, which has been rated in the ‘Best 101 Spas of the World’ by a well-known travel publication
- Business Centre with wireless internet connection (free-of-charge) – signal in main restaurant, bar and lounge area
- Basic Medical Clinic.
Children are welcome at Indigo Bay Island Resort and Spa.
Baby-sitting can be arranged by prior arrangement, at an additional fee. This service needs to be booked with Guest Services before 12h00 on the day required.
The ‘Indi Kidz Club’ is open from 08h00 – 17h00 daily and is free of charge. Please note that supervision is only provided during certain peak holiday periods, at other times children below 8 must be supervised by an adult.
To participate in organized Kidz activities children under 3 must be accompanied by an adult or a babysitter. Children participating without adult or baby sitter must be out of nappies.