Bazaruto archipelago comprises Bazaruto, Benguerra and Magaruque Islands, as well as the smaller Island Santa Carolina, (previously known as Paradise Island).
Pestana Bazaruto Lodge is situated in the largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, approximately 800 km to the north of Maputo, the capital of Mozambique.
The island of Bazaruto is undoubtedly a beautiful and unexplored destination, characterised by its wildlife, turquoise waters and idyllic beaches. Bazaruto Island is 35 Km in length and 7 km across at the widest point, and is a little piece of paradise!
Part of the island is composed of enormous sand dunes, while the remainder of the island is thicket, grassland, scrub and wetland. Thick forests of casuarinas, coconut palms and cashew nut trees grow on its shores. Marine species include dolphins, dugongs, humpback whales, marine turtles and the freshwater lakes in the area are home to crocodiles. The impressive beauty of the coral reefs complements this subtropical ecosystem, enriched by the abundance and rare beauty of the tropical fish, clear water and excellent surf, plus rock and fly-fishing. The archipelago is deservedly known as the "Pearl of the Indian Ocean".
Pestana Bazaruto Lodge has 40 A-frame thatched bungalows, charmingly decorated ethnic island style and set amongst tropical gardens, with breathtaking views of the ocean or gardens. All the rooms are equipped with:
• Air Conditioning
• Ceiling fan
• mosquito nets over the bed
• Safe Deposit Box
• Voltage 220V
• Tea & Coffee making facilities
• Laundry Service
• En-Suite bathroom with bath and complimentary toiletries
• Private open air shower
• Outdoor porch with wood furniture
20 Standard Rooms
Twin or Queen Beds. The Rooms, designed in bright tones and textures, seamlessly blend local Island influence with a stylish, yet natural ambience.
Thatched roof and earth colour with Island look furniture.
20 Superior Rooms
King or Queen Beds. The Rooms, designed in bright tones and textures, seamlessly blend local Island influence with a stylish, yet natural ambience. Thatched roof and earth colour with Island look furniture. An outdoor porch with wood furniture and direct access to beach.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool ~ Games room:pool table, table tennis and soccer game
- Board games available at reception ~ DVD and Video room
- DSTV ~ Business Centre: Computers, laptop connection and Internet access
- Library ~ Kids Club ~ Curio Shop ~ Free Shuttle per day to Dolphin Bay (times are available on the notice board, and vary dependant on tides) ~ Baby-sitter available on request (24 hrs notice)
- Diving ~ Snorkelling ~ Shore, fly and offshore fishing ~ Marlin fishing
- Island hopping trips ~ Picnics ~ Sunset trips by Land Rover, boat or local Dhow
- Bird watching ~ Water-ski ~ Wake boarding ~ Wake snake
This is the only restaurant at the Lodge and dinner is announced every night by the sound of African drums. It is situated in the main building and has a capacity for approximately 80 persons.
Mozambican and International food is served both À La Carte and as a Buffet. Our specialities are fish, seafood dishes and grills.
It is open daily for breakfast from 7h00 to 10h30, for lunch from 13h00 to 15h00 and for dinner 19h30 to 22h00.
Kiddies menu available and meals can be arranged before normal times
Open daily from 07:00 to 01:00, offering coffee, tea, international drinks, tropical cocktails and light meals.
Please note that at Pestana Bazaruto Lodge full board is compulsory all year round.