Zongoene Lodge is located on the Limpopo River mouth, this Lodge is just 170km North of Maputo.
The Chalets are tastefully furnished and have en-suite bathrooms and sliding doors leading onto extended balconies. The pool chalets surround a large swimming pool whilst the family chalets are set back in lush indigenous gardens. The whole complex is electrified and all chalets and public areas have overhead fans. All windows and sliding doors also have mosquito netting for the protection of the guests.
The Casarão (“Big House”) consists of two en-suite bedrooms, and two bunk beds in open plan lounge / kitchen & dining area and an extended covered balcony. The Casarão is also self-catering and is fully serviced.
- Bird watching - Spot many unusual birds in the delicate eco-systems.
- Discover deserted beaches, massive sand dunes, coastal forest and African villages on (four) 4 wheel motor bikes, or even bare foot!
- Drift down the estuary in your own canoe.
- Enjoy an eagles eye view from a micro light. (seasonal)
- Enjoy leisurely breakfast or sunset River Cruises along the Limpopo
- Explore the dunes and forest on our 2 hour 4x4 trail, challenging your driving abilities.
- Fish the tidal estuary, the surf, the reefs, or the deep blue sea from our customized ski boats. Beach (surf) fishing.
- Indoor entertainment such as darts, pool and karaoke
- Sight seeing trips to local villages and Xai Xai
- Three swimming pools
The Conference Centre is fully equipped and catering can be provided for up to 60 guests. This well designed venue with access to spectacular indigenous gardens, provides a venue with a difference, a mere stones throw from the beach. A variety of team building activities can be arranged with unique cultural experiences.